[CLOSED] Tous Les Jour


When news first broke out that they would be closed for good, the Internet naturally reacted in that sad manner:
omg, my favorite cafe/shop/bakery/hangout/dating spot
how can it be?!?! their coffee/pastry/bread is so good 
Eh people, I'm sure they made the necessary judgement calls before coming to that conclusion. Your love/affection for Tous Les Jour just isn't sufficient to keep them going. Move on.

This is my only other visit. Located in Empire Damansara, it is close to home but the parking is almost a deterrent. After running out of place and wanting to try out something new, I ended up here with my book. There is quite a few tables but not all too comfortable for long time seating. What I like best about this place is the abundance f natural lighting.

Not exactly star crossed lovers but one of the more common type of cafe dwellers that you're bound to stumble upon: the single/alone person. I am was kinda like that too. Sometimes, its great to just zone out in public with your own thoughts and not be concerned if the silence is deafening or even awkward. In my case, it's most and not just some times.

There are also those who treat cafes as their catchup or revision joint. Those who talk talk. Those who read read, with the occasional break for some signs of life from the other.

Berry croissant. It was quite big with juicy berry and peach. However, the pastry wasn't flaky enough (I am probably more) and only the coffee made a good pairing with its bitterness against the sweetness.

Chocolate cake. Not sure if it's because I had it the next day or it was just naturally dry. Definitely didn't make me miss them at all.

Only the coffee left me an inkling of a good impression.

Comments