Review: Panchos Mexican Taqueria, Bangsar


21, Jalan Telawi 2,
Bangsar Baru,
KL
Tel#03-2201 1502
https://www.facebook.com/PanchosMY/
Craving for some Mexican grub? Well, look no further than here. Not that I'll be serving you some but here's a relatively new joint in town.

Different chili sauces to spice up your life food. Sometimes, food is life.

Click to see what they can offer you. The usual Mexican suspects.

Tacos grilled chicken RM 13.90: cheese, pico de gallo, sour cream, iceberg lettuce.

I was wrong to expect it to come in a hard thin shell. It had a slight citrus twist which is hard to decide if they all go well together. Not that it tastes bad, just took awhile for my taste bud to wrap around it.

Quesadillas Burrito chipotle pulled beef RM 16.50: tender beef brisket marinated in smoked Mexican chipotle chili adobo sauce.
My order was for a quesadillas because of a particularly good one that I had not long before that. What came out was a burrito. Initially, I didn't give much thought to it due to hunger but halfway through, my brain asked my stomach, "dude, are you sure that's what you ordered?"

After awhile, only did it dawn on me (both my brain and stomach) that it was a burrito. But, I was happy that it was warm and slightly toasty on the inside with melted cheese. What was foreign to the palette was the adobo sauce. It gave the beef a sourish taste which the cheese managed to offset.

In the end, I was a burrito of sadness.

Comments