Tea & croissant: It's showtime


Towards the evening, there are dance shows where the famous characters come on to stage and, er, dance and sing.While I wasn't expecting it to be an all English performance, I was slightly disappointed that the songs were medley of different songs. Kinda like a remix of Disney soundtrack.

Apart from Elsa and Anna, how many of these princesses would kids today know? Not as in be able to tell their names but their stories?

If not for the recent remake with Emma Watson, I don't think kids would know about Beauty and the Beast. And which parent would have bothered to look for the original cartoons of Cinderella, Snow White and the rest for their kids to watch? Maybe when they got really sick and tired of Frozen.

Rest assured. There are princes too in the dance. Their energy is so upbeat and performance well synchronized. How do they dance in those shoes and dress?

The princess and their princes. Now, where's my prince?

There are also float parades to mark the evening. There just really isn't a good spot to get the best view.

If you're lucky, you can get the front seat with a good view which is really just the curbside.

Otherwise, just stand from afar and use your camera's zoom function.

I didn't feel like I missed out on much of this because I don't know most of the new Disney characters. Or even the old ones.

We all know the boy who never grows up but I don't know for sure if I've watched the original movie.

This turtle seems to be high. Like high.

The floats move rather slowly so that everyone has a chance to view them. It also means that if you are seated towards the end of their path, it'll take some time before they get to you.

My favorite princess: Cinderella. Some similarity with my life but not quite.

My present life probably more like this couple.

Your kids would probably enjoy this. You would probably be guessing who's what.

Comments