Review: Thai Camp, Tmn Paramount PJ


37, Jalan 20/7, Taman Paramount,
46300 Petaling Jaya
Tel# +60 12-345 1768
https://www.facebook.com/ThaiCampPJ/
 There's been a boom of Thai restaurants in the recent years. Despite being an Asian cuisine with relatively cheap(er) ingredients as compared to Western food, the prices aren't what you'd pay for local food. Thai Camp managed to balance that out with affordable Thai food.

I came here when they first opened which is quite some time back 😚I got so caught up with living my life that things just got abandoned put in the back burner for some a long time. Actually just more like putting it off until there's enough to make a pile.

Fancy some fish crackers while waiting for your food to arrive? I think we used to have this as kids unless if you're below 30. Nowadays, kids want Goldfish or even Tim Tam. You know, I had my fish Goldfish cracker at my late 20s. Pocky was (and still is) considered quite a luxury. Oreo came in during my early working years.

I guess my parents raised me up good for not indulging in snacks? 😧

Pork stir fried with basil. jl's favorite dish. It's slightly sweet with a bit of chili. Nothing too hot to handle. Goes well with plain rice, thanks to the gravy.

Seafood tomyum. For 2pax, it was more than enough. There was enough seafood to go around. I have to say that this didn't quite blow me away. Though these days, only the fan blows me.

Mixed salad platter but I'm most likely wrong. It's like the usual Thai papaya salad. Just that here, the meat and seafood take center stage while the vegetables play supporting role. Uniquely refreshing, the salad tastes more savory than.... green? I mean, have you had a fried egg in your salad before?? Must give this a try.

The two of us were really stuff at the end of it. Worth the price.

Comments