Tea & croissant: Au Revoir, Paris

 A last look at Paris. I don't think I'll come back here again. Unless if got too much money to spend. And been to everywhere else on the face of this planet.
This is the Petit Palais.

 So, what's my opinion on Paris? If you could speak French, I think it'll make things easier. Not that they (all) don't speak English but they seem to be more receptive if you could speak that even if you are an Asian. It's weird hearing Asians speaking French. Like how it was weird hearing Asian teenagers speaking with the Australian accent perfectly.

As a tourist destination, it has plenty to offer. Walk, look, see and shop. I am not quite sure how living there would be. Every once in awhile, you get people trying to bomb your city icon or run around with some knives, firing guns in public.

The most that we have in bolehland is people posting your picture/video to publicly shame you. Then the keyboard warriors will add oil to the fire. One is a physical danger, the other psychological. Which would you pick? Of course, my almost-week long stay barely touches the surface of the Parisian lifestyle.

 Galeries Lafayette Paris Haussmann or where you will lose so much money in the blink of an eye. It wasn't a shopping trip. Just wanted to see what the fuss was all about. It is similar to Starhill or what it was during its heyday. But less walking space. More China tourists. More queues at the branded stores. Honestly, for a moment there, I thought I was no longer in France but China.

 The train system in Paris is certainly commendable. The ETA board is quite accurate. I still remember the days of taking KTM from Nilai to Klang. The counter just keeps increasing and increasing. I see that some of the bus stops in KL now has the same feature as well. How accurate are they?

 Not only is it girl's name and a cake, it also happens to be a station too. I had a college mate with this name. She was nothing girly... A tomboy in fact. Isn't it funny when you hear a feminine/masculine name and the person attached to it turned out to be the total opposite? I'm sure the guy with the yellow cap ain't a Madeleine at all 😄

 Dreading my bus ride back to London, the ride itself turned out to be quite good. Except during the train to the Paris bus terminal, a Paris man found himself heading towards the same bus terminal. The same route to London. And you guessed it, the very same bus too.

Look, I'm an Asian girl woman traveling alone at 7.30am (or was it 8?? Sleep deprivation is no joke). I've watched enough movies about kidnappings (remember Taken?? Or even Hostel???). Also, my anti-social demeanor is just not into making friends with random men.

 Thankfully, once we were on the bus, I got a seat for my self. After few hours of uneventful ride, we made a stop at Cité Europe. Turned out that we were picking up more passengers.

 Slowly made our way around.

 Stopped by the immigration. The way this policeman was tending to your dog would melt your heart. They were both so kind and loving to each other. While getting a good comb all over, the dog stood still there with just his tail wagging.

 One thing that I will most definitely miss: the cold temperature⛇ Maybe one day I can go to a country where it snows and it'll freeze my balls off.

 Waiting to go into the Euro Tunnel Shuttle.

 Think of it as a train for cars, vans and buses. Definitely not as many things to explore like the ship but I prefer this as I can remain in the bus and wait it out instead of having to get down, lug my bag around and jostle with the crowd to get a good place to rest.

 Once the train moves, you really can't quite tell. It felt like a stationary bus. Quiet. No motor or wind sound. Nothing at all.

 That is until you look out the train window.
I lost track of time here as it was quiet and just peaceful. Staring into nothingness. 

 Hello, sheep welcoming me back to London! 🐑

Comments