Review: Coffee Cottage, Subang SS15


1-1, Jalan SS15/8A,
47500 Subang Jaya
Tel# 03-5613 0078
https://www.facebook.com/coffeecottagemy/
The girls asked my suggestion for a coffee place in this neighborhood and since my initial idea of another joint few doors down the road was closed, we adjourned here instead.

It's more of a cat cafe than a coffee one but you do need to do something apart from petting pussies so yea, why not have some coffee and cake while you're at it? Maybe not at the same time as they have a policy on keeping the cats clean.

I didn't try their coffee but it did look quite light. The girls didn't complain about their caffeine shot but neither did they rave about it.

Something non-caffeinated if you don't want to be kept awake at night. Starbucks have been running promotions of buy-1-free-1 or something along those lines. It's all good stuff, enough to entice me until I read the fine print.

On certain days? I could accommodate. For certain drinks only? Yea, I get it that you want to promote your new summer beverages.

 During the unholy hours of 5pm to 8pm? What? You think we would brave the after-office hour traffic because we are too cheap to buy at full price economical? You think we still got stomach for your coffee after dinner (that is also if you finish dinner by 7.45pm)? Most importantly, you think it's worth being awake later at night because of all that caffeine and sugar rush??!?!??!

Well, they did run one last month that was applicable in the morning but my morning runs were crazy enough that it didn't spare me any margin to throw in another variable.

Anyway, lets focus on this: chocolate cheese cake.

It's more of a New York cheese cake, topped with bits of chocolate with a layer of chocolate and caramel on a crust of crackers.

The cake turned out to be a surprising winner. It wasn't too sweet and the chocolate did a good job of elevating the cake beyond the usual cheese flavor without overshadowing it.

Oh, yea the cats. I didn't get to play with them because none of the girls were interested 😢 So sad. Let me go play with my pussy later then to make up for it.

Comments