Review: Boat Noodle, Jaya One


 The School @ Jaya One, P2
https://www.facebook.com/meesampan

Yes, yes, I am slow to finally try out Thailand's latest import into Malaysia. Few months back, boat noodle was all the rage. The pioneer outlet in Empire Damansara boasted a waiting time of an hour for  a table. Seriously? People started posting pictures of bowls stacked up to boast of their accomplishments. That comes across as a sort of eating/gluttony competition. As much as I wanted to try and see what the fuss is about, the chance didn't come up until recently. Also because the idea of having to wait so long is a major turn off.

So, here's a tip, guys. Don't make your crush wait for you too long ok?

Luckily, there was no queue on that Saturday afternoon. We dropped by here after lunch on her insistence.

The place does have the Thai street atmosphere to it but given that my last visit to Thailand was eons ago, my memory may be quite foggy. Anyone who's willing to sponsor a trip to refresh it would have my sincerest appreciation.

 Typical of Thai street food, you get chilli powder, fish sauce, sugar and another I can't quite identify.

 Click on for the full scale of the menu which may not be applicable now with GST in full swing.
 
We managed to secure a table relatively quick. Not the comfiest but it is street food after all. Disregard the fact that you are not paying street price.

There are two versions of soup available: pathumthani and ayutthaya.
Being the boat noodle virgin, I left the ordering to my lunch company and she picked the latter. Oh, you also get to pick chicken or beef. My beef autthaya was not too bad but certainly not something worth queuing up an hour for.

Which is why we ended up with just two bowls.

Taste wise, it is not bad but it would probably take a fair bit to fill me up. Would be great if they have the full portion option as well.

Comments