Thing I Learnt - 5 July

If you are that cheap and are looking for a new place to hang out or study for hours with free flow of drinks, head on to Texas Chicken. During my high school days, kids would flock to McDonald's after school to grab lunch and then study. Not very economical but hey, free air conditioner to use. It was also one of the more high class place. Nowadays, people go to cafes and whatnots. Although I've been working for more than a decade now, it's only recently that fast food has been upgraded into normal from luxury food. Kids these days have it good.

After weeks of contemplating, I finally picked this place for lunch. My past experience with Burger King, KFC and McDonald's haven't been great of late. Not that it's my fast food testing session but seriously, who doesn't like that? In the name of healthy lifestyle, alcohol is off my books. So are much of the fatty stuff but fast food is just a vice I could probably not get rid off.

This is (part of) their Combo1 which came up to RM 13. Not pictured here are the 2 pieces of fried chicken because I was too hungry and they came later. Definitely pricier than KFC but the coleslaw tasted better, less mass manufactured. KFC wins though when it comes to the mash potato as Texas' version was too salty for my liking. However, the honey butter biscuit is reason enough to come back here.

As for the chicken, both Texas and KFC are great but I have to hand the honor to KFC (When they don't screw up) as it is spicier. However, the scrooge in me wouldn't mind Texas since it's free refillable drinks of Coke, Coke Light (why for the love of God?? Oh yea, calories -_- fml), Sprite, southern sweet tea (hate hate).

I wonder how stingy I'd appear to be if I go there next time and bring my book along to read after that.....

Comments