Review: Murni Discovery, Aman Suria

2-1 Jalan PJU 1/3d,
Sunway Mas Commercial Center,
Petaling Jaya
Tel# 012-339 2599

Surprisingly, I never blogged about this place before despite being my former favorite weekend haunt. It stopped being so when one of the waiter there showed some interest in me but that's for another day's musings.

When the World Cup fever was still raging, Murni decided to jump on the bandwagon and released new items in their menu. How is instant noodles with cheesy sausage related to Germany? I feel a little sorry for my somewhat-adopted country.

USA fared slightly better with a chicken burger (would you have expected anything else? they'd go for hamburger if not for the pork restriction) topped with sides of potato and sausages. Sort of like nasi goreng USA?
 
From a weekly trip, the frequency dropped down to once every other month. That also if someone asked or there is no where else better to go. Thus, it was quite shocking when I was there few weeks ago and saw their new menu with new prices. Click on the image for a bigger one and allow yourself to be shocked.

3 layer tea. My memory of this drink is one that's sweet and creamy.
This was diluted and the sweetness from the sugar at the bottom was overpowering. It felt like I was drinking sugar water with tea flavor. But lately, everything tastes diluted to me. Strange.

Maggi goreng special. The only thing special about it is how they managed to ruin this rather simple dish by being wet. I prefer mine dry. Like me.

Seafood carbonara spaghetti was one of my old time favorites. It was affordable (then) and quite a bit of seafood thrown in. Unfortunately, those are memories of the past like my dignity and pride because not only did they reduce the amount of seafood, the sauce was less creamy and cheesy.

Indo mee goreng. My dinner companion actually didn't want to eat as he had two mains few hours earlier but ordered this anyway to accompany me eat (hence, my dinner companion). Turned out that they punched in the order as double i.e. two packs of instant noodles. Lol. It wasn't the worse thing though. The sad thing was the noodles were wet and unappetizing. Somebody cooked the noodles and decided to throw everything in together into a soggy plate. I pity my friend and almost offered to finish the plate but have to pretend to be ladylike. What would you think of a girl friend who offers to clean up your plate?

It was still the fasting month and my first time witnessing tables being reserved at a mamak.

Even sans stalking waiter, this is not a place I'd go to anymore. Maybe for the cheese naan.

Comments