never too far away

He stood there without saying a word but it was written all over his face. A rather painful expression that it was hard to look at as we both confronted him. Both in fits of anger, he knew there wasn't a response that would be perfect or evenly remotely accommodating to both parties at the same time hence, the tight lip.

Then he walked away, leaving the two of us behind. I looked at her and screamed, "His heart never left. It had always been me that he love even when we were apart, when he was with you, when it was too painful for me to be with him. He never stopped loving me". She stormed off after him, clearly in anger.

It didn't take long for her to return.
The look on her face, told me everything I needed to know without a single word exchanged.

That I was right.
And it was all that mattered.

~
Oh, sweet dreams. How is it that you could leave me feeling so happy and rudely awaken me with a bleak reality?

Comments