dinners of the past

A compilation of my dinners because I haven't had it today. Unlikely I would be too.
Please let me drool over them and not cry myself to sleep.

Although the other stall was rather bustling, I picked this Malay stall instead to have chicken tom yum and telor bistik. Turned out that the other stall was an infamous stall. Hence the queue.
One thing that I don't understand is how Malay dishes can be so simple and takes a while to prepare and cost quite a bit. For the same price, the Chinese dishes would be more.
Was this good? It was passable.

A roadside Ramly burger in mass production mode. fml because I came after that and had to wait for all these to be done first for my one burger. There is just something comforting about the not-so-soft bun, paltry mayo, questionable mushroom gravy, even more questionable cabbage and cucumber that makes the humble burger great. Or maybe it's just the foul bacholerette in me talking.

Not eating crap for once. Can you guess what?

Back when my appetite was not-as ferocious, I could easily split a meal into two. This is boiled yee mee with pork curry and bitter gourd omelet. The curry was that good to turn this into a wholesome meal.

 Being English Malay educated and distant upbringing, my Chinese language is deplorable. I can't speak my mother tongue fluently and it isn't quite a problem unless when it comes to ordering food. It took me awhile to order this malay chan chow fan or fish paste fried rice from this place. It turned out to be not bad though how bad can you screw up fried rice? Don't take my cooking into account.

Comments