Review: Shabuton Tei, Kota Damansara





 BO8-01 Block B, 2,
Jalan PJU 5/9,
Kota Damansara,
47810 Petaling Jaya
Tel# +60 3-6150 5530


Another GroupOn adventure, this time around were my parents to embark on another possibly culinary rewarding journey. Ramen is the Japanese cousin of Chinese noodles. For something so Asian, it costs quite a lot where I could easily eat until kingdom come with the same price.

We ordered green tea which was RM 2 per pax. Refillable, pretty standard stuff these days.

Different condiments to go with your noodles. I usually try not to add them but some people like to enhance the flavors more. For me, it's usually to mask how bad the food tastes.

Apart from noodles and an ala carte menu, they also have buffet for both lunch and dinner. Looking at how small the spread is, I think you should eat more to get more value for your money because you ain't getting variety.

Aka shio ajitama RM 19.90.

Shio ajitama RM 19.90.

Shoyu special RM 23.90.

Let me confess: the names of the noodles are just my guesses because none of them were great. In fact, they were a rather sad excuse for a bowl of ramen. Actually, even as a bowl of noodles, they failed quite badly. Supposedly Tonkotsu broth, yes, it was rich and thick but when it came to us, the soup was just luke warm. Now, imagine drinking a soup that is so rich with pork flavors (and fat) at a warm temperature. I might as well be just drinking oil. Actually, olive oil would probably taste better than these ramen.

The meat itself wasn't all that great either but they have been cooked until soft and just falling apart, that I'd give them credit for. Apart from that, the noodles were a major disappointment like how my parents are probably disappointed in me.

Gyoza or pan fried dumplings RM 11.90.
Thankfully, they didn't screw this one up. The skin wasn't too thick while the filling had the right notes of meat and herbs.

Comments