Review: BlackBall, D'sara Uptown [CLOSED]


52, Jalan SS 21/58
Damansara Utama,
Petaling Jaya
After Snowflake closed its doors in Uptown, my next best bet was this place for Taiwanese shaved ice dessert. Thus, when couzzie told me that even Blackball has closed down, I was fuming mad. Where do I get my sugary over priced ice fix now?!?!?

 To be honest, Blackball's taro ball is not as nice as Snowflake's but I take whatever I can get my hands on. Their grass jelly is nice though. But then again, how bad can you go wrong with them? Corn is something weird which my lunch date ordered. I like it hot like my men, not cold. 

You pick your base (shaved iced grass jelly, plain iced jelly).
Add on the toppings (big pearl, small pearl, taro ball, sweet potato, red bean, barley, peanuts).
There are also ready made mixes so you don't have to crack your head.
I quite like this mix. Pearls and red beans are comforting on hot days.

An entire glob of grass jelly covering the milky ice. This is the part of me that is undeniably Chinese because I just love this type of dessert.

Tried something different for once. Shaved iced with red beans. So plain and boring but after a hot day, this was soothing.

Do you have any recommendation for something similar in this neighborhood?

Comments