Thing I Learnt - 29 July

Seems like my "Thing I Learnt" is either a self-discovery or self-loathing or denial.
Totally nothing useful but it's good to know yourself better.... right?

Cookies provided by a colleague, they looked so pretty and I posted this picture with the caption:
My sunshine in the rain. My rainbow in the clouds.
Happy hump day <3 humping's optional though that'll be awesome.... In ways more than one.
A friend who has always been interpreting my Facebook posts in interesting manners was saying that I probably need to get laid. And a bf. The conversation then drifted to spooning which in my personal opinion is a little hyped up. It can't be that comfortable for the guy. Maybe that's just the view of someone who prefers sleeping on her back, rather than side. But I give you the credit; it is nice to cuddle up in bed with someone regardless of front, back, side but no upside down please.

agree, there are other more comfortable ways. 
I wanted to ask what others but that's gonna make me sad so i shall refrain
Sad? May I ask why so?
coz i ain't getting any of those
You were. Or rather you did

past tense
It's not as if you never ever did. That's worse










My personal opinion is that if I didn't have or feel it before, then the only feelings I would have are those of longing and desire. But no regret, no missing. I would never fully comprehend what a love lost is like and be eternally in the dark. Not experiencing the sorry of losing love.

Over the years, there have been a number of people who tell how is it that I have been fortunate enough to find someone and be with them even for a short period of time while some have not had the good fortune to find someone to put up with their shit. Admittedly, yea, it's nice and all that crap but when things end on a sour note and forcibly on your end, there is none of that niceness and happiness left behind. The very immediate reaction/emotions is hurt. Betrayal. Anger. Breakups are messy. Quite like period sex. On white sheets. Totally not advisable. Not from experience. At all.

Sometimes I wish that I never dated anyone ever in my entire life so that I don't have to feel the loneliness and the void left behind after the love is gone. Forever alone, forever envious of couples but never broken hearted. Come on, that's the stuff of dreams for someone who's had her heart broken often enough.

In the midst of this conversation, it dawned on me this is precisely what friends with kids were trying to tell. They say the kids are their bundles of joy but when they start screaming and crying and would listen to no logic and reason, your world comes crashing down and you wish that you're still single, free to do whatever, whoever, whenever, wherever you want. To me, as someone who's never had the (mis)fortunate of a full fledged parenthood, having a baby is still something that I would want to experience myself. One day. Eventually.

Not just for the sake of having a baby, merely to feed the curiosity of what-ifs. And given the number of stupid decisions in my life so far, that isn't one which is too difficult to accomplish.

But, maybe, for once, I should listen to them and accept what a pain bummer challenge parenthood would be.
After all, nothing would kill the mood as fast as a single mother.

Comments