Review: Cake Sense, Paradigm Mall

Level LG, Paradigm Mall, 
No. 1, Jalan SS7/26A, 
Petaling Jaya, 47301, Malaysia

After lunch at this mall with an ex colleague who turned out to be someone else, I decided to cheer myself up with something sweet to sweeten the deal day. When we first chatted, I thought he was A who used to come over to my cubicle to talk though most of the time it would be him talking and me looking at the screen and nodding occasionally, feigning interest. People seem to think that my listening skills are good because they do like to talk to me. Or maybe they just want to talk and be heard so it didn't matter that the other person isn't responding (much). Or maybe my acting skill deserves an Oscar.

Anyway, it didn't turn out to be A but B whom even worse still, never talked to me before in the years that we worked together in the same office. Our paths would cross and there's the courteous smile of acknowledgement but nothing much as a hello. Funny how Facebook can grow balls and guts.

Strawberry cream almond bun. This looked so pretty that it ended up in my basket.
But that's all it really was: looks. It wasn't bad but strip away all that almond flakes and cream, you get a plain boring bun inside. It's like a woman without essence. Nice to look, show off but once you get her clothes off, it's the same.

Cream donut/bun. Also something that enticed me with its look, the taste was just so-so. Not very sweet but certainly not something I'd try again.

The lesson to be learnt here is that I should not be so gullible and fall for nice packaging.
Looks can only get you that far.

Comments