Review: Restoran Chef Low, Bangsar

4, Lorong Ara Kiri 3
Lucky Garden, Bangsar
59100 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel# +6 03 2095 2766, +6 03 2201 2766

Although this place has been around for ages, I only heard about it from a fellow Bangsar dweller when we pondered on where to bring his mother out for dinner. Instead of the usual pretentious cafes, this place looked rather family friendly. Not that the cafes aren't a nice place to bring your folks to but older generations don't quite seem to enjoy it.

Or at least my parents don't. They are quite the typical Chinese parent.
Only eat Chinese food. Prefer to go to Chinese places.
Luckily, they haven't gone down the traditional Chinese parents path of pushing their (aging) daughter to get married by arranging for blind dates with any body and every body's son. Worse still, arranged marriage.

To be honest though, at this point of time, arranged marriage doesn't sound like a bad thing (for my scenario). Come to think of it, I did ask for my mom to help me find suitors but she just rolled her eyes back in response. As a matter of fact, that is quite almost anyone's response to me when asked to hook me up with some eligible men. Why?! Am I that undesirable that I should give up the notion of a happily ever after with someone? T_T

Crispy bacon with chilli padi.
My friend's never-fail-to-order dish here, it is easy to understand why with its crispiness, savory sweetness and a hint of heat from the chilli. Certainly something that'll be good with beer.

Deep fried squid with salted egg yolk.
Three of my favorite things on a plate, it is very difficult to go wrong. You may not get the usual deep fried crispy batter but the salty coating certainly more than makes up for it.

Claypot mixed vegetable with Japanese egg tofu.
A simple but homely dish, I could very well eat this alone. Maybe I should try to cook this at home. Hmm....

Steamed fish in Nyonya style.
Don't be frightened by its color because it isn't that spicy, more sour as a matter of fact. While the fish was fresh, I think it could have do with more time on the fire.

Given its neighbourhood, the price is certainly steep. Sure, it was overall an enjoyable dinner but I think Klang would be more economical.

Comments