Thing I Learnt - 28 July

My positive attitude is driven by part awesomeness, part paranoia. During a meeting, my boss kept asking me not to think too much/hard, over complicating things. Not exactly the first time someone said that about me but that is also exactly what has kept me on my toes, on top of the game all these years.

Paranoia is a double edged sword. While it hasn't gone to the OCD stage, my life has had its fair share of sleepless nights, no thanks to thoughts running in my head till the wee hours of the night. It is a habit of mine to think things ahead, to analyze the situation on hand, to ensure that everything is right, if not perfect.

Which is why, it is particularly difficult for me to admit defeat, mistake.
Saying sorry doesn't quite come naturally to me though I have come to learnt that sometimes, you are just in the wrong. No questions about it. No buts.

It most certainly irks me when things get escalated because somebody didn't do their job, missed out some details, did it wrong. Come on, we all do make mistakes but I scratch your back, you scratch mine.

Then again, where do you draw the line?
Like, how do I justify this after a proper dinner?
Lying to myself by saying it's for the lack of dinner last night?
My weight gain is from muscle gain?
My bulging tummy is not all fat?

Lies. All them lies.
But they make me happy. So what gives?

Like the boys who break my heart eventually.

Comments