Review: Inaho Sushi, One City Subang

 Sky Park One City
RF04, Roof Top
Jalan USJ 25/1A
47650 Subang Jaya
Tel#  +603 5115 0169
http://inahosushi.com.my/home

Originally, my dinner date wanted to go all the way to IOI City Mall that newly opened (then) but I balked at the idea because it would feel like going back to work and it was really quite faraway, which meant a long drive.

 Not that I was behind the wheels but the night was starting to feel like one of those never ending ones. So we came to a compromise and ended up here since he wanted to see the sky roof thingy which I didn't even know of. It was my first visit and the mall isn't so bad unless if you have acrophobia.

 There are few restaurants at the roof top. Each of which has its own view of Subang. Quite a romantic place if not for the heat and mozzies. But even sans heat and mozzies, Subang is still a place I despise. Mainly for the memories it held for me.

It was drizzling slightly so everyone shifted inside. To be honest, I was expecting a more upscale dining experience but ok.

 The first branch was in The Curve and I never had the opportunity despite the interest due to the lack of waterfish potential suitors money.

 Oyakodon RM 18.
Did you know that oyakodon translates to 'parent and child'? Parent is the  chicken while child is the egg. Now that sounds a bit cannibalistic but that's the nature of this rice dish.

 The set came with miso soup and pickles. Both were just all right.

 The chicken is cooked over the rice with the egg poured over it. The onion and scallion are soft from all the steaming. Not the best I've had but it wasn't bad either. Just not memorable.

 Salmon sashimi set.

 Although the fish was somewhat fresh, they were quite thinly sliced. Why so stingy?

 The salad was disappointing, to say the least.

 Gindara teriyaki or teriyaki grilled cod fish RM 25 - fish was fresh but the sweet sauce killed its taste. Ordinarily, I'd order this in its original flavor or with salt but dinner date wanted it sweet. fml.

Nankotsu or chicken softbone on skewers RM 3 - Slightly crunchy. A nice snack to nibble on.

Comments