show me the money

How much do telemarketers annoy you? For me, they can  be quite a source of entertainment. God bless the soul of those who call me in (vain) hopes of selling me anything. Come on, how to buy when I ain't got no moolah to begin with? Which is why my housing loan bank decided to offer me a cash loan... on top of my housing loan.

ms yee, we found that you have been good with your repayment so we want to offer you a personal loan of up to RM 18K 
uh, what?
it's our current offer. so you can use it to buy other stuff or do renovation
I already owe you few hundred thousands, you want me to owe you more?
you can't put it in the same manner. this is personal loan. 
well, my current housing loan is already quite taxing. how can I afford another loan?
can always share with your husband. plus the house can be passed down to your children.
if you checked my record, you'd notice that I am not married.
but the loan can be used for anything else too. lower rate than your housing loan as well.
I am already paying like 40years of my life away to you. how many more years you want me to give you with this new loan?
don't worry, 40years will be over rather quickly.
yea, true that. I don't even know if I will still be alive in 40years time.
haha, I am sure you will live a long life

In all seriousness, what do I do when my time's up? No next of kin to speak of. Not even a proper pet (there is the cat but it dies with me... if you get what I mean). Being the youngest in the family, logically speaking, if I don't do anything stupid, chances are the honor of being the still alive member would fall onto me. Friends and relatives are all popping out babies all year round that it makes me feel a little sad. Of course, it would be even stupider for me to live a long life and pop a baby out for just for f's the sake of it. The idea of a long life does sound remotely strange too though with the advancement in medicine, we are living longer than our ancestors did. So much so that our resources are being used and depleted sooner than it can be replenished. That makes me sad. Even sans next generation of my own to suffer it through.

Being alone doesn't mean it is perfectly all right to slack on your health because nobody gives a damn about you. If anything, it is more the reason to take better care. After all, if you fall sick at home alone, nobody is going to care. At least if you have money or insurance, there will be people who will take care of you (somewhat) willingly. Hence, insurance is something of a priority for me. Suffering is optional. Insurance, not really. And if you are trying to call me to buy a policy, here are few things you could not do like how some agent from Kurnia did:
  • not saying anything after I answer the call. 
  • speak as though I called you 
  • not paying attention
  • hang up on me without a proper closing 

I'd think that it's common courtesy (if not sense) for you to greet the person that you called but apparently no. It took them almost 10s before it dawned on them, "omfg, someone answered my call!". And when the ball started rolling, it went only one direction: downhill. Though to be fair, they called at a relatively bad time.

hi, I am calling from Kurnia insurance, wondering if you are interested. 
what type?
sorry? 
what type of insurance?
we got many.
like?
car insurance. 
have it already.
personal. 
also have it already.
family. 
no family.

At that point, she just hung up on me without any further reply. I am a woman, goddamnit and I deserve some goddamn closure. Despite how annoying such calls maybe, they are probably my only times of when my phone is actually being used for its namesake:
a telephone

Comments