call me maybe

After switching from being a third class citizen leech supplementary line holder for about two years or so now, I was looking to change my phone plan. Currently on Maxis' SurfMore 50 plan, it basically gives me 2GB data and that is pretty much it. Each month, without fail, there would still be 1GB of data left which I can't roll forward. Or donate out. Essentially, my RM 50 is certainly wasted out.

What's sadder still is how my monthly phone bill comes up to under RM 60 in total.
Total calls made = less than 10 calls, less than 60 minutes
Total text sent = less than 10 
So when people lament about their exorbitant phone bills, I just don't feel their pain. Not at all.
Apart from 2GB data, Maxis did give me this promotion during my birthday:


Why and how in heaven's name would this be a good campaign? It's my birthday and I get to send free texts? Shouldn't I be receiving them instead? Or am I supposed to spam text everyone in my contact list and go:
hey, it's my birthday! 
It is bad enough for me to showcase my skills and justify my performance review, what more to so shamelessly announce my birthday. That's what Facebook is for.

Still, with renewed fervor, I stepped into a Maxis store in The Curve during a weekend excursion to ask about some promotion that they automatically added me in and see if there is any better, cheaper plans. A nice lady attended to me rather quickly which is always a good sign.

what's this 2GB top up SMS?
oh, this is our current promotion. So you get 2GB on top of your existing plan. Total data you have now is 4GB. 
right. pointless for me since i don't even use up my monthly quota.
really?
yea. not even 1GB.
cannot be! come, let me check for you ...(punch punch)... wow, miss, you really don't use your data much 

What's it with people who disbelief, discredit my words? Quite rarely that they'd take whatever I say at face value without giving me a benefit of doubt or believe it at all. Does my face look so much like a bullshit artist? Actually, that I am professionally but surprisingly, people hardly catch my bluffs during those times.

do you have any other plan for me? i want something cheaper .
ok, why not take the RM 58 plan? 
=_= really? RM 58 is cheaper than RM 50?
oh you get free calls and 1GB data
i don't make even 10 calls and you want me to take that plan?
then you can go for supplementary line. It's RM 30. 

At that precise moment, there is this voice inside me going:
Here you have a customer who is keen but you are just not trying to fill the void, instead opting to push whatever product that'll earn you the most commission possible. And sales people complain about how sales declined with GST.

Comments