Review: Snowflake

 If you have not heard of Snowflake before, come. Lets go out on a date here. After they closed down the branch in Damansara Utama, my heart was very broken because the next nearest was either in Paradigm Mall or Kota Damansara, both of which are a pain to get a parking spot, not to mention the horrendous traffic.

Somehow, I have been quite their loyal customers but never realized it until I cleaned my bag and found these cards. Collectively, I would have earned one free item already :( fml. First visit was in:

No. 61A, First Floor, Jalan SS15/8A,
Subang Jaya, 47500 Selangor


 As much as I like Japanese food, green tea shaved ice is a little too much of Japanese by my standard. The smell is pungent and you really need to like green tea to order this. The combination of red bean, pearls and black sesame taro ball certainly makes this bowl very hearty.

Another visit at:
26-1, Jalan PJU 5/10, Dataran Sunway,
Kota Damansara 47810 Petaling Jaya

 For myself, it was something light. Shaved ice with taro ball, barley, pearl and jade jelly.
The balls are my #1 favorite here. Slightly chewy and sweet. Next is the pearls hiding behind the mound of ice. It's the same kind you get in those Taiwanese bubble tea. Also chewy and slimy. An ex never quite understood my liking for these slimy chewy balls precisely because they are slimy chewy. I asked him in return why did he like eating.... Oh wait, let's keep this family friendly.

The jade jelly has a slight citrus kick to it. These would have been the perfect combo if not for the coarse ice. When they first started, Snowflake used ice that is more fine so it melts slightly faster.

 Have I mentioned how you must really like green tea to order this? Well, you must.
With red bean, yam bites, taro balls and barley, this was a very hearty dish of its own.

My first (and last) time ordering their to fu fah series. Opted for my favorites and it was.... weird. I think it's best to leave to fu fa alone ... literally.

Comments