Review: 88 Seafood, Aman Suria

With good food and cheap price, it is not difficult to pick this place for dinner. I do like the idea of a dinner with different dishes but how to manage when you are dining alone? For me, the answer is economy rice =D You get the variety in the portion you require unless the place doesn't allow you to take yourself.

Stir fried sweet potato leaves with garlic. Dinner date wanted to order another veggie instead which I don't really take so we got this instead. It's one of the few greens that has a spot in my heart. Not just because it is cheap but tastes great even when cooked with simple ingredients. Plus the stalks are quite thin and not hard to chew.

Squid in Assam curry or spicy tamarind sauce. Similar to the previous fish dish, this is slightly more diluted. Not very spicy either as it's sweet thanks to the chunks of pineapple. While the squid was overcooked as expected and slightly rubbery, the sauce made up for it and squid being another one of my favorite, I could look past that ^_^ This dish is also dinner date's favorite, not hard to see why as it is appetizing courtesy of the curry.

Three cup chicken. I was slightly surprised that he didn't know or even heard of this dish before. It is cooked using literally three cups of ingredients. Sounds simple enough to recreate at home but maybe another time. For now, I was content with their version which came sizzling on a hot plate. The curry leaves lent it an aroma but overall, this is a sweet dish. With the slightly caramelized sauce, it was good with the meat and rice.

Comments