the descent into frugality

I am afraid that I will run out of food reviews to blog about soon enough =( Partly because I lost a chunk of the photos when my HDD died on me last year. Partly because I no longer go out and eat anymore. It's sad. Would anyone be kind enough to sponsor me food reviews? Promise to give you due credit. Cross my broken heart.

Something this good, it is obviously not my handiwork :D jl invited me over to her place for lunch and I happily hopped over to the other part of town. Fuel is cheaper than food (for me). Plus it's so wholesome and yummy. Very simple dishes but I am thankful for having friends who cook better than me and invite me to eat with them.


mel contributed to the lunch with dessert: ice cream and trail mix and Baileys.
My contribution was 2cans of 100plus, an empty stomach and heartfelt gratitude.

I am sure you could tell by now how I am living off people's kindness. A now ex-colleague left behind half a tub of Bulla ice cream. It coincided with our office relocation and her team mate intended to throw it away. Of course I took it home and it's still sitting in my freezer =D It's probably the second time I have my own ice cream tub in my own freezer.

Affogato is basically a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a shot of espresso. It turned out quite nice ^_^

There aren't many fruits that I eat because I just don't feel like eating them. Peaches or nectarine is one. couzzie handed me one after our night market trip. My first time ever, I was a little stumped on how to peel or cut it.

just twist it 
uh what?
cut it through and through. then twist it in opposing directions with both hands. you'll get the fruit dislodged from the seed in the middle. 

I didn't know that mangoes have seed/bark or whatever you call that centre thing. I always thought that people just cut it up like, say, a tomato.Anyway, the peach turned out quite nice. But too pricey for (my) normal consumption.

My somewhat failed green tea cake. I miss baking but the amount of sugar and butter is too scary for my diet.

Switched to yogurt as a form of meal. Yes, those 135g pack. Sometimes, they become my snack. Or dinner. Sometimes, I'd buy few at a go and keep forgetting until it's close or even after the expiry date. Since they are already sour to begin with, how do you know if they have gone bad? I've had few that's gone past their expiry date by few days. Either they are still good or my stomach is very strong because I felt fine.

One thing though, the foil does peel off to reveal that nice layer of yogurt underneath. There is a sense of achievement. My life has dwindled down to this. Yogurt is also good with stale, hard bread.

This photo is brought to you by the letters K and Y. Get it??
When the grocer has the bars cheap because they are near the expiry date, I'd snap up few. Again, few actually passed their expiry dates but again, I am still sitting here amusing myself. After reading on how high in sugar these supposedly healthy bars are, I stopped eating them entirely. I also stopped my OCP because the cheapest was RM 36 and my exercise is starting to regulate my hormone better. And you think that OCP is only as a form of birth control eh.

Yes, this is lunch. All free except for the blood orange.
Now you know why I need food sponsors.

Comments