Review: Starlight Seafood Naturalle, PJ S51


Quite possibly my first ever (in my entire life) a sponsored blog post (゚ヮ゚) Hopefully it's the first of many more to come. Do I feel slightly pressured about writing this post? A little but please note that although this meal was paid for, my opinions are still of my own.

A friend invited for a Chinese reunion dinner here. The rest of them were teasing him about how it's his restaurant. He didn't quite admit it initially but did say that he had something to do with its start up. Even the indirect boss (the actual boss' mother) came over and talked to us for awhile. The son's married, so no luck for me. 

The place is quite nicely done with strong colors. Fully air conditioned, it has natural lighting all over. There is a stage where there are performances during the weekends ranging from Chinese traditional dance to samba. Live bands do play here too occasionally.

The set menu.... for wedding dinners. I didn't even realize it until Darren pointed it out.

No braised peanuts but the sweet sliced lotus root and pickled papaya were refreshing. I was just munching away on these while waiting for the rest to arrive.

The entire place has an open dining area as well as private rooms.

The rooms are equipped with karaoke system if that's your thing.
I once ended up at home alone on a Saturday night because I didn't want to join my friend to go karaoke. It was almost sad but the thought of being in an enclosed space with a bunch of strangers would have been worse.

It's the last week of the lunar new year. I am trying to get more red packets but having relatives mainly in Ipoh meant no such luck. My circle of friends are mainly foreveralones like myself so it's pointless. Colleagues rarely hand out red packets either but my boss did (づ。◕‿‿◕。)
After much thinking, I just may not be able to get more red packets but I would really want to eat more yee sang!

As good as the ingredients were, the salmon slices itself were so thinly sliced that any thinner, you'll need to use those prosciutto slicing machine. By now, you should know to disregard my opinion on this dish as I just enjoy them. It's probably the sweet plum sauce which I am attracted. Would I be attracted to a guy who lathers himself in the same sauce? You could try. It'll be interesting to find out. Remember to use fresh vegetables and throw them as confetti above you so that you get coated in those too.

While this portion wasn't small, it wasn't humongous. The price was at a shocking RM 60++.

Meaty rice. I wasn't doing the ordering and this was the captain's suggestion. A very good one indeed.

Topped with fried greens and chicken floss, the prawn was of substantial size and slightly sweet. I didn't manage to try the char siew though. The fried rice at the bottom was soft, almost steamed and it is well worth breaking my no-rice diet. If not wrong, this was about RM 20++

Stir fried kai lan. How do you usually order food when dining out in a group? I found the easiest way is to get each one to pick a dish. I'd be the last to order to ensure there isn't food wastage. Also keeps my purse happy.

As again, this should be RM20++ which is pretty standard (I suppose). It was fresh and crunchy, as expected of any decent Chinese restaurant.

Thai style deep fried pork knuckle. The secret is the accompanying sweet spicy chilli sauce. My friend wasn't kidding when he said it was spicy but it's really good.

The pork itself was awesome. Love the crunchy skin and fatty juicy meat inside. Drizzle with some of the sweet sauce and you will ask yourself, "Diet? what diet?". My resolution is very weak (。・_・。)

Steamed tri eggs for the kids. I ordered this and enjoyed this a lot. The smooth texture, the slight saltiness from the soy sauce. I could eat this by myself. At RM 20++, I wish they had given more salted and century eggs, maybe dispersed them more instead of concentrated smack in the middle of the dish.

Steamed pom-fret. Supposedly pricey since it's CNY but at RM 145, I can't help but to feel slightly cheated.

Yes, it was a slightly bigger fish and fresh but they overcooked it that the flesh was a bit tough. I didn't take much of this.

Only desert option.

There are few tables made of glass and there's a live aquarium underneath so you can see goldfishes swimming while eating. Don't worry, all are decor fishes.

*heavy breathing* This is where the magic begins.

Individually, they may not be of any value but together, it's happiness in my mouth.

I've been trying to eat more yee sang but people are either busy or not enough to go with ಠ︵ಠ凸

Comments

Voneats said…
Actually, the meaty rice was good enough to feed 10 of us actually, very generous meat and seafood in one basket. One bowl each is more than enough, any more we wouldn't be able to try other food. Price is actually pretty reasonable in Klang Valley, unless you are comparing to prices at 5 foot ways/tai chow :-)