casting the net.... further

Met up with a friend recently. It is as though our catch-ups are now an annual event. Not that we were super close, super chummy when we were working together but when you are among the handful of females in a male majority workforce, you subconsciously bond with your other fellow fairer sex members. Comes in very handy when your period arrives unexpectedly and you don't have any sanitary pad or tampon handy.

Yes, it happened before.
No, not to me but I gave one to the poor soul as I always carry them handy in my bag. Always.

Like always, we talked about how things are going on with our lives, how things have changed, caught up with the latest office gossips. My life is very boring that I tend to get excited over other people's lives. Maybe this is why reality TV series is so appealing to the masses. Anyway, she asked if I wanted to join her in her annual pilgrimage to Singapore.

when's it?
sometime middle of the year usually. 
i'm kinda broke.
don't worry, i usually stay in budget hotels, probably RM70 a night inclusive of breakfast.
still broke. plus, it would a little awkward for me to attend the event with you.
hey, it's very happening ok. plus who knows. you just might meet your potential there. 

By potential, she was referring to a possible candidate who'll be interested in me romantically.
By event, she was referring to the one organized by Pink Dot Sg.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
To quote their mission statement:
Pink Dot Sg is a non-profit movement started by a group of individuals who care deeply about the place that LGBT Singaporeans call home. It is a group for everyone, straight and gay, who support the belief that everyone deserves the freedom to love. With openness and acceptance, we hope to bring LGBT Singaporeans closer to their family and friends
It would be very funny if I could land myself a potential at the event, straightening what God made crooked in the first place when I can't even get a straight guy. Definitely nothing short of a miracle.

Comments