Review: Tedboy Bakery, Bangsar

10, Jalan Telawi 4,
Bangsar Baru,
59100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel# 03-2202 1312
https://www.facebook.com/tedboybakery

Occupying a shop opposite the more affluent Bangsar Village II, this bakery has been around for years now and it always struck me as one of those fancy bakery shops. To my surprise, they do serve proper meals here apart from their breads and cakes. The bagels are supposedly good but it's weird to have bagels in Malaysia. My virgin bagel was in Sydney and it was nice. Maybe not having it in Malaysia is just my way of preserving that memory.

 Half the shop is occupied by the baked goods, another quarter went to the cashier and drinks counter. Whatever left are for customer to dine in.

 So there isn't much space but most of the people who come here usually do takeaways.

 Oozy orange. I don't know what's so oozy about this but at RM 7.90, oozy must be really special.

 Funnily enough, The Good Batch uses the same tea which made me wonder why would I have ordered two different tea at the same time :") This was slightly stronger but more lemon than ginger and mint. I had not heard of Gryphon tea until then but their tea is rather nice. Not too strong and the caffeine free is a plus.

 Chicken chili tomato sourdough for RM 14.90. 

Marinated chicken fillet in chili & fresh tomato relish, topped with cheese. Dinner date liked this enough to order it again. I've only heard of sourdough on cooking shows but never in real life.

 Beef pepperoni pizza. Pepperoni and mozzarella cheese on Tedboy’s special pizza base with herbs infused pizza sauce. This came to the table sizzling hot that the cheese was still melting away. Love the thin pizza dough and they didn't go crazy with the tomato sauce. At RM 12.90, it is more of a snack than a proper meal. Maybe I shouldn't eat so much.

 Strawberry shortcake RM11.90. I always thought that it's just a cartoon and never knew there is actually a cake with the same name. Slightly sour from the strawberry, it was a bit too sweet with disappointment. Or perhaps it's just my (dis)preference towards strawberry.

Carrot cake RM 6.90. I picked this cake simply because it was the cheapest but it was quite good too. May be tad bit more spices but overall, better than the other.

Comments