Review: Kingsman


Manners maketh man.

A movie acted out fully 90% in English accent with a cute guy to boot and an elegant gentleman, what is not to like about this movie? Oh, maybe Samuel L Jackson. Yes, both Colin Firth and Taron Egerton set my heart aflutter for very different reasons. Firth has that charm, a sort of dependable aura on him. Egerton shows that he can be da punk on the street but also a refined one when the situation calls for it.

Or maybe I just have the hots for English men speaking with an English accent in a suit. Seriously, these are the few of my favorite things. It is hard to find anybody with a suit in Malaysia unless if it's for a formal function. Hence the reason I am still very much single. fml.

The trailer looked promising enough but also failed to hide the fact that things would get gory. Gruesome. At one point, I almost thought that I was watching Kill Bill. It is a rather clever movie with lots of clever jokes all around. The plot may be a tad bit cheesy, overused even but the blood work is certainly an interesting twist. The fighting scenes were also nicely choreographed, very impressive.

Comments