Review: Jim Jum Thai, Subang SS15

No. 58, Jalan SS 15/4B, SS 15,
46500, Subang Jaya
Tel# 03-5611 6616

I've heard about this place on Facebook and when you put two of my loves together (Thai and steamboat), it is as though my true love came calling. If only I could put my crushes together in the same manner, then I can retire from foreveralone kingdom.

 Met up with a friend here after work on a public holiday, knowing that the roads will be clear and parking's aplenty. Initially, we thought the place was closed. Turned out that we were there tad bit too early =|

 This same location used to house another Thai restaurant; the  tai chow style. I came here many eons ago to celebrate the birthday of a friend's friend who stayed in my condo. The one memory she left me with was how she stayed with her (then) bf although she could get someone better, richer because he felt like the right choice, being ambitious, takes care of her etc. She was quite a looker and he ... could probably look better.

 Honey peach tea RM 4.80.
Nothing better than iced water for a hot day. The entire week had been rainy and cold that I thought what better time than now to have steamboat where you can feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
And the skies decided that would be the very day to be sunny, not a single cloud, it was all just blue across the horizon and sweltering hot. Not even a breeze to blow the heat away.

On the other hand, the pictures turned out nice because of all the natural lighting.

 Two different dipping sauces. The top green one is spicier while the red bottom is sweeter.
I like them both. It's nice to switch between them. How unfortunate the same can't be done in my love life. If I had one.

 There are few sets available but we ordered the small pork set for RM 33. It is slightly more expensive than your Chinese steamboat but the ingredients are noticeably fresher (or maybe my photography skill is awesome?).

 The obligatory stuffer to make you feel full in case the expensive stuff fails to. It's great that they give you glass noodles instead of rice noodles. I think the former is more expensive =D Plus, glass noodles taste better in tomyam.

 Fu chuk or deep fried bean curd skin RM6.80. Friend wanted to order this and I felt slightly ripped off. This is what happens when you start cooking and buying groceries yourself. It turns you into a scrooge when dining outside.

Add RM 5 for tom yum soup and it is well worth it. Neither too sour nor spicy, it cooked the meat well and you can feel the flavors all come together in the soup. Unlike the Chinese version where the soup becomes thicker and sometimes too heavy, the tom yum remained light throughout.

Comments