let the games begin

I saw this on one of the groups I follow on Facebook and it struck me hard during the week when things weren't going my way (they still aren't). It sounded interesting enough and wouldn't it be nice to just not complain about things for a day? It didn't seem difficult so I put my self up for the challenge.

Big mistake.
I underestimated how much of a complain(er) I was. Mainly stemming from disagreements with other people. Some my fault, some I could have handled better. Before mid day, I was seething with rage and was bitching about it to my fellow friends about my predicament while this little image was hovering at the back of my mind. Told myself not to be hard on myself since hey, it was only day #1.

Complaint free day #2 lasted till lunch time. That was an improvement. There is just so much of pent up anger in me that it was starting to feel like blue balls if I didn't voice it out.
Did it change the situation? Not really.
Did I feel better about it? Somewhat.
Did the reason for my frustration go away? No.

End of the day, I realize that complaining will only get rid of the anger/frustration so far. Of course, it felt good then but after awhile, there is a sort of awkwardness when I retell my woes to someone else that it no longer made sense to complain anymore. The new week is bound to bring along its own set of issues but I'd like to think that I am better than that, I am above complaining and will be able to persevere and live to complain tell how my life has changed by not complaining.

Wish me luck.

Comments