Review: Wun Nam, Damansara Perdana

18-1, Jalan PJU 8/5B,
Damansara Perdana,
PJ
Tel# 03-7729 9761
https://www.facebook.com/RestaurantWunNam

Although I've heard of this place for awhile now, it was only recently that I got a chance to try it out myself. The girls and I were running out of places for our annual reunion meal and Kepong didn't sound so appealing after two years. We ended up here which is great because I didn't have to rake my head to find people who would want to try it. This is what happens when you don't have many friends. fml. But you know what's worse than that? You don't have a bigger bank account.

This place certainly knows their clientele well because their menu comes in English with the prices written along side. If you are too lazy, simply point to whatever dishes that your stomach wants plastered all over the wall. This is just one of them, there's another side of the wall. Oh, you can't finish them all? Feel free to invite me then =D

 Emperor's fish. Not sure what's so special about this fish but it cost an arm and leg. Or in my case, my entire body. Maybe one day, I'll find someone who'll buy me this.

It is strange how my girlfriend was keen on introducing a photographer male friend to me and the first thing that comes to mind was, "yay, finally, someone to go eat with and not have irritated looks darting at me when I take pictures of the food". The next thought was, "wow, maybe he could impart some knowledge and skills to hone my photography skill".

No where was there at all the thought of hooking up with him on a romantic level.
Yes, I have gone way past the stage of looking for Mr Right and am content with Mr Who'll Feed & Teach Me. Wait.. that ...has.. always..been......

 2015 marks the beginning of my love affair with yee sang. How could it be possibly for me to absolutely adore every single one of it that I've had this year?

 You know what they say, when you love something, you overlook its flaw. You accept its short-comes and in time, learn to embrace and adore those too.

 Yee sang is turning into my perfect lover. Always delicious, always fresh, always sweet, always pleasant. How is that not Mr Right? So, it wouldn't be over the top to proclaim myself as a yee sang lover since none has failed me by far. If only the same could be said of the men in my life. I tried (and tried... and tried) but their flaws are just too much to overlook. I don't love them enough?

It is hard to completely love something  who wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't return even half of what you are willing to give up the entire world for.

 Homemade tofu. Slightly crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, this was slightly dry but the bits of pickled veggie and minced pork on top was a nice touch.

 Stir fried veggie. Apparently these are rather pricey and hard to come by. We were just literally pointing to pictures in the menu to order and this was one of them. It's similar to green onion leaves but milder. Still an acquired taste.

 Braised pork knuckle in lotus leaf.

This was the waiter's recommendation (I suspect he's the boss as he was just sitting at a corner, enjoying his newspaper). Cooked until the meat was tender and literally falling off the bones, there are juicy bits of fat inside to make it all the more succulent. Flavor wise, it had a slight hint of oyster sauce but not too overpowering.

Comments