Review: Up


Yes, I only watched this in 2015. Despite the many people raving about how it's a better love story than Twilight (isn't any better than Twilight? according to the Internet, at least), a movie about a man going on an adventure with a touching plot line is too heartwarming for my icy heart. With no other movie left to watch, I gave this a go over the weekend.

Everyone would have watched this already by now so a spoiler alert is probably unnecessary.
In a nutshell, it is about a man who pursues the dream he had with his dead wife and a kid tags along. Then came the bird. The dog. The crazy adventurer. The last bit is rather funny because Muntz was Carl's hero until Muntz tried to kill Carl. I am sure there are people in our lives that we look up to until they go bat shit crazy and you wonder wtf happened to them.

Carl's love for Ellie is prominent throughout the movie. Touching to a point. Somehow, I have accepted that I will not get to grow old with my love or even watch him die. And I was all right with that. Unless I kill him myself ... hmm....

The one scene that stuck out like a sore thumb was when Carl decided to go after Muntz to save Russell and Kevin. He couldn't lift the house up as there wasn't enough balloon. In a stroke of genius, he threw the things inside the house so that it'll be lighter, enough for the balloons to lift the house again.

It is reminiscent of Ryan Bingham's philosophy in the movie Up In the Air:
Now, THIS is a movie that I really like and would recommend anyone to watch it.

Anyway, Up is a nice family movie. Which is why I wouldn't say I found it all that good.

Comments