Review: Noble Mansion, Plaza 33 PJ



P1-01, Level 1 Podium, Plaza 33
No. 1 Jalan Kemajuan, Seksyen 13
46200 Petaling Jaya
Tel# 03-7932 3288

My second visit here, the only other time was for Kampachi so I got lost ... for awhile. It is strange because one of my former company relocated to this building.
It is bittersweet looking at this. I'll need to wait for another year before the chance rises again. Maybe that's what makes it so nice.
No, actually it's the crispy crackers and plum sauce.

Two chopsticks. The outside pair specifically for lou sang, the inner pair for the rest of the meal.
The place was very crowded since it was just before the lunar new year and everyone was gathering before they were required to hand out ang pao. I think that's the main reason why my other group declined to meet up again this week instead of the lame excuse of being on call.

Different types of chilli but my favorite is the chilli oil.
Green chilli is something I could never get around to. I am scared that it'll be too spicy for me despite the fact I'd take other chilli sauce except birds eye.

Their yee sang is made from fresh ingredients, none of those dried out ones that's been out in the open for too long like me.

The crackers probably aren't as healthy as the fresh julienned vegetables but who cares? It's once in a year affair that happens to take place again and again and again countlessly in February.

Wishing you all abundance of wealth and health.

What makes for a really good yee sang?
Good fresh ingredients.
What makes for a really enjoyable yee sang?
The company.
What makes for a really great yee sang?
An unwavering love for it.

I'll have you know that I am only a little disappointed that I didn't get to have more yee sang this year.

Herbal black chicken soup. That is a giant piece of cabbage.

Unlike the typical Chinese herbal soups, this one has a rather clear taste to it. Yes, that is an actual black chicken. How does it differ from the normal one apart from being black? Taste wise, it's usually not as pungent. Not very meaty either. The soup had a nice savory flavor from the chicken and mushroom. The scallop gave it a sweet note. It's nice to have a light soup for once.

Stir fried veggie. My lousy memory can only recall this was a less crunchy green.
Obviously not spellbindingly great because I cannot remember.

Seafood pot. In the literal sense. You need to order this in advance.

There are a whole fish, fish balls, prawns and mussels.

Everything was so fresh and cooked away in a broth.

Somehow, the waiter miscalculated and divided them all away minus one portion (guess the unlucky one). The fish was fresh. I love the fish balls which were made with proper fish and bouncy. The shrimp was just so-so. The mussel was baked with fish paste which I didn't really like. Overall, the taste was on the salty side from the dried shrimp and soy sauce which was a waste given the freshness of the seafood and its potential to shine through; only to be so expertly dashed by soy sauce. ftl.

Pork ribs Chinese style. Five spices. Grilled. To perfection.

What is not to love about ribs? So juicy and succulent. As you get to the middle part, there is that stretch of meat that is almost like a skin but isn't. The top crusty layer invites you to skin into the lean meat. Enjoyed these so much that someone else offered his to me. He was probably too health conscious and didn't want to let it go to waste which is very fine by me.

Steamed white rice with Chinese waxed sausages and French bean.
This is literally what my mother used to feed me (minus the beans) when I hadn't hit puberty in vain hopes that I would look less like some African kid, so malnourished that people accuse her of being a bad mother for not feeding me well. My kiddo self was very small, almost tiny and with a protruding tummy that it was understandable for people to question my parents' parenting skills.

Obviously, this wasn't the portion they gave me but this was on the menu almost every single night that I hate Chinese waxed sausages now. Sometimes with a vengeance. Though I have to admit the rice cooked with it usually turns out very fragrant and delicious. It's like my love-hate affair with durian.

The waiter will add in the soy sauce and mix it all up for you. It ends up into a happy medley pot of oily goodness. I like the rice but skipped on the meat. Beans were crunchy and good too. 

Comments