Review: American Hustle



Amy Adams carried the English accent quite well while Christian Bale plays the flawed romantic conman fault to a T. Ok, I made that up but the entire movie is really about them. Cooper was just annoying. Between him and Lawrence, it's hard to say who I'd want to shoot more. Maybe Lawrence because she reminded me so much of Skyler from Breaking Bad. It's always the woman who ruins things. Why!?!? Yea, I ruined countless lives too. Nope, I don't keep track of them. Don't want to gloat about them. 

The chemistry between Bale and Adams is undeniable. So much so that I think Jennifer Lawrence doesn't deserve the sort of reputation she gained. Seriously, apart from that one scene where she was bending over in that white tank top, what has she contributed to the movie? Surprisingly though, there aren't much sex scene, perhaps even none. Not so much of a full on, hot, tongue action kiss either.

Instead, what you get is a rather sweet bond between Sydney and Irving. No sexual tension, only sweet sweet love. The sort of love that is almost pure and faultless. The sort that we can only dream of beyond our repressed lust.

Comments