Taketei, Taman Desa

 Ground Floor, Wisma Miramas,
No. 1, Jalan 2/109E,
Taman Desa,
Off Jalan Klang Lama,
58100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel#012-231 3343
https://www.facebook.com/Taketei-%E7%AB%B9%E4%BA%AD-113440305959896/
 When you ask someone who works here for some food recommendation, they usually will give you rather boring choices because they probably only venture out for lunch. Or maybe that's what my dinner date does.  I suggested this place since my ramen craving was still not satisfied from the week before.

 We made a reservation via eatigo to get 30% discount. I think the waitress was a bit lost and called for the owner/captain/boss/head honco who asked "why you didn't show it just now?". I don't know how much of a difference that would make except maybe you'll cook a smaller portion since it's discounted. They probably wouldn't have brought us the water without us asking (possibly for free). 

They opened not too long ago so their menu still feels quite small, comparable to Sanuki Udon. But while Sanuki focuses on a clear and simple taste, Taketei is all about blowing your senses away with the abundance of pork flavor. .

 Jiro Ramen RM 16
This came without any meat so I ordered the pork belly for an additional RM 8. The portion is big with quite a fair amount of shredded cabbage and black fungus. The soup is quite rich. Can be shared between 2 small eaters but I don't recommend it. Simply because it's delicious.

Spicy ramen RM 18
Not exactly ramen but I wanted something to heat things up and this did it quite right. They can even up the ante by making it spicier but the normal spicy was good enough without making me sweat buckets. Mine did come with slices of pork but none of the cabbage. The soup was good while the noodle was just so-so.

 Spring egg. Cooked until the white is firm but the yolk slightly runny, they got the texture all correct but I can't help but to feel that it was a bit too salty. Had to take it with some soup to balance things out.

Comments