Chill chill break: Hao Yi Lou, Tapah

1 & 2 Persiaran Tapah Indah 1/3
Taman Tapah Indah,
35000 Tapah
Tel#605 4018148
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Restoran-Hao-Yi-Lou-Tapah/228072207209152
Our initial plan was to drop by Pun Chun for some lunch before heading up to Cameron. However, just as I brought that up, our driver whizzed by the Bidor highway exit.

so where do you want to go for lunch? 
oh... doesn't matter now. not anymore..
huh? what? 

No point rolling my eyes at him because he was focusing on the road and the phone (for Waze), just anything but me so he can't see even if my eyes were to pop out of their sockets, he probably wouldn't have noticed anything wrong.

Thankfully, Maxis still works quite well that I managed to google this place up for lunch.

Stir fried fern with chili.
A little spicy on its own but that's the way, ah ha ah ha, I like it. If you didn't get that musical reference, you must be really young. Like the ferns, so young and soft.

Japanese tofu with minced pork and egg on hot plate. This is one of those non-Chinese favorite dish to order at Chinese restaurants. Why ah? I like it for the egg and minced meat (minimal chewing required).

Braised pork belly with yam. It has a strong hint of mushroom with oyster sauce. The meat had been cooked long enough that they are soft and tender with the fat melting away in your mouth.

Half Cantonese style mee hun.
I call it half because the normal style would have at least 50% of the noodles submerged in the gravy. This one is at most 20%. Not that I'm complaining since I prefer the crunchy bits more. However, it did pose some problems since you have to carefully break the noodles apart and try to get the gravy in the middle onto it. Challenging but worth the effort.

The food was not bad. Portion is smaller than Klang Valley standard but all these including the drinks came up to less than RM 40.

Comments