Dengkil Seafood, Dengkil

20, Jalan Puchong Dengkil,
Pekan Dengkil,
43800 Dengkil
Tel# 03-8768 7868
Their signboard outside says Dengkil Seafood but this here has NG. What does it mean? I don't know. A few years ago, my then-company released a new version of software and codenamed it NGSOE.
what do you think it means? 
no good SOE?
In all honestly, it did seem right because it was making our lives (the support team) miserable upon rollout. But, the official word was next generation.For the case of this restaurant, my guess is that's the name of the owner.

Since it's Chinese new year season, you can try their set menu if the idea of flies for lunch (audience) bothers you.

 My second lou sang 😆 Yup, still like them despite being the left in the open for the day kind and deep fried beyond recognition. It's the plum sauce that makes them all taste great. The salmon was sliced not very thinly so you can't really see through them when held against the light.

 4 season appetizer platter. Going from bottom right anti-clockwise...
The fried pork roll with salted egg yolk was a bit dry. Steamed meat roll tasted a bit too meaty. Not-so-baby-or-adult octopus was not bad. Sweet pork wrapped with bacon was the best. The fried yam ring in the middle was not bad too though I think it could do with a little less frying time.

 Herbal chicken soup.
OMFG 😍 I love soup. I (kinda) love chicken that's been cooked until ultra soft. Everyone enjoyed this a lot, thanks to the mushroom, fish maw, Chinese ham and ........ dried scallops 💞 I don't think I've had a soup this good in the longest time. They also weren't stingy with the ingredients so it made the soup richer in taste.

 Braised pork knuckle with peanuts and fatt choy.
I don't know if that's real or fake (the fatt choy) but as long as it doesn't bring any harm, does it matter if it's not? Even the real ones (or so they claim) don't usually have any taste to them so I don't get what's so good about them apart from being rare and expensive. The knuckle had a rather thick skin which looked quite fat. Yes, they all assured me that it's not fat, just collagen. The fat could have melted into the gravy during the cooking process so I'm safe to eat it without getting fat as long as I don't take the gravy. One even went as far as suggesting that the cooking has evaporated the fat into thin air 😒

Of course, I still sample some for blogging purpose 😊That's how committed I am when it comes to bringing you insights in food. At the expense of my waistline even. So... donate me money? Alternatively, you can go over to Dengkil and order this because while it may not falling-off-the-bone tender, you would still enjoy the soft, well marinated meat. I found it was a bit salty on its own but that's probably my tastebud being accustomed to my cooking (read: bland).

 Prawn stir fried with nestum. Or was it cornflakes? I can't be sure because I was really stuffed by then, thanks to the soup. While it's not that big or very fresh for a seafood place, the prawn was all right, maybe a bit dry on the inside.

How do you eat them usually? I like to separate the head and suck the brain juice out (yes, the only head that I suck happily). Separate the legs using a spoon and chopstick. If the prawn isn't fresh and the shell is sticking to the flesh, this won't work so you have to just bite them off. They were amused to see me using those tactic 😢 Why can't a girl not dirty her fingers when it comes to eating prawns?

 Somehow, someone along the way got our orders mixed up and gave us this instead of another vegetarian dish. We didn't really care because we were already closing in on our threshold. The veggie was fresh and crunchy. Mushroom were aplenty and chunky. Not that I would care since I don't like mushrooms in general.

 Dessert was quite a letdown. The deep fried sesame ball had too thick of a shell which wasn't crunchy on the outside. That pink ball is actually red bean paste ball. Also only so-so. Though it could have been because I was really full by then.

Comments