Hometown Steamboat, Subang SS14

 No21, Jalan SS14/2,
47500 Subang Jaya
Tel#03-56128138
https://www.facebook.com/pg/HomeTownSteamboat

Another one of those places that made a big splash, they did well enough to open up few branches. For this particular branch, the problem is mainly with the parking. Luckily, I was probably their first customer for the day so I got a nice spot and didn't have to wait for a table.

 Gone are the days when steamboat means having only 1 spicy and 1 non-spicy sauce. They will always provide the fried shallots in oil, red chili and green chili.

 It is hard to pick a favorite because they all go well with different food. It's like asking me to pick my favorite child 😫If you can favor one child over another, what kind of a parent are you!?! OK, maybe I'll know when I become one myself. Parent, not child. I am forever a child. The childish kind.

They have few different types of soup available. We opted for the safer route and chose herbal soup. This is also the first steamboat restaurant that I see offering cheese and chocolate fondue. Tempting but I didn't.

We ordered a set for two and this is what we got. Quite a big portion and the ingredients were fresh. Definitely different compared to the rest.

What's your MO when it comes to steamboat? If I have the time (read: not hungry), the meat would go in first along with the hardier vegetables (stalks mainly). Seafood is last since those cook fastest and I don't like my soup to taste too fishy (too early on). However, time is a luxury that I don't have much because my stomach would be growling away so chances are, everything that can survive the boiling (pretty much everything except for the seafood) gets dumped into the pot until it's filled to the brim.

But you don't want it to be too full. Otherwise, the soup will just spill over when it boils.

It's nice that the set came with something that is already cooked and ready to eat. Sort of like rice crispies, slightly crunchy and savory.

The first visit left a good impression on me that I decided to go to their Kota Damansara branch to relive the moment. Unfortunately, that never happened. The soup flavor just turned out to be either of the wrong choice or the quality isn't maintained. Ingredients were luckily still fresh.

Home Town Steamboat Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments