Jombali, Mutiara Damansara

 Medan Selera,
Tesco Extra Mutiara Damansara,
Jalan PJU 7, Mutiara Damansara,
47800 Petaling Jaya
Tel#012 9160072
http://www.jombali.com.my/

 This is one of those places that neither falls under the mamak category for being pricier or Malay restaurant as they serve not just Malay food. So, it never quite fell under our radar until we ran out of options after shopping in this hood. Since they offered lunch sets as well, it felt like a good decision to give it a try. At around RM 15 per set including drinks, it wasn't so bad.

My sirap was as expected sweet but I do like the slightly crunchy basil seed. I once bought a packet of basil seeds in a lame ass attempt to eat healthy, like as chia seed. Yes, they are both different. But, do you know how expensive chia seed is?? Their teh tarik is sweet and frothy as well.

 Nasi goreng tomato with ikan dua rasa
I was expecting some boring fried rice with a fried fish. What I got was a fiery dish which got me sweating towards the end. Not only was the fish spicy from all that chili (it had only satu and not dua rasa), the rice was spicy as well. But I like it because I'm a glutton for punishment spicy food.

Cantonese style kway teow
For a Malay crew, they did whip out an impressive version of this. While it doesn't quite taste like the Chinese one, I give them props for being able to dish it out quite close enough.


Jombali Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments