Sanuki Udon, Taman Desa

 9, Jalan Bukit Deas 5,
Taman Bukit Desa,
58100  Kuala Lumpur
Tel# 03-7980 3704
https://www.facebook.com/sanukiudonkl/
 My first proper foray into the world of ramen was an expensive one. This was because most of the joints are tonkotsu ramen type. Actually, that didn't make much difference to me until now. I think the common ones available in Malaysia are tonkotsu, hakata and maybe kagoshima. Don't quote me on that though. Wait until I've tasted them all in Japan which is probably never. Udon is not quite ramen but both are Japanese noodle so... 😄

Located few door steps away from another noodle shop, Sanuki can be quite packed so be there early. This is potato croquette or deep fried potato cake. Made to order, it was crunchy on the outside and scorching hot on the inside. Pairs well with the mayo and you should order this.

Kakiage or vegetable tempura RM 3.50
Thinly sliced carrot and onions deep fried together into a nest. It gives a nice contrasting texture to the udon.

  Tempura prawn RM 2.50
It does look quite miserable alone here but I suppose that's how they keep the price low. Somehow, this felt a bit of a letdown after a great croquette and vegetable fried nest. Don't get me wrong, the prawn isn't not fresh but the frying may have rendered the flesh not as soft. Over cooked maybe?

Curry udon RM 8.50
Like all Japanese curry, this one doesn't pack a punch, appropriate for everyone. I'm not a fan of Japanese curry so this felt just all right to me.

House special udon RM 6.50
Wanting to stay as original as possible, I ordered this which came dry with an onsen tamago or half cooked egg. The idea is you're supposed to mix the eggs with the noodles so that it'll give the noodles that silky smooth texture but that was near impossible for me. I love eggs too much to let it fade away like that. Still, the noodles were slurpy-licious as there were some light sauce at the bottom. You can (and probably should) mix the noodles together with that sauce but I found that the noodle had enough of flavor on its own.


Sanuki Udon Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments