Unboxing of Samsung J3 Pro


New plan, new phone. This is what Celcom gave us for free. I figured since I've not done a proper unboxing post, why not start with this? Yea, it's not iPhone X or any new Android or even a J5 but hey, free phone, no complaint.

I've not bought a phone from the manufacturer instead of online that such detail amazes me. My last phone was another Mi and it almost felt like using my Mi3. Except that the camera is deplorable 😩

Anyway, despite the metallic body, the box J3 came in is all paper. For some odd reason, this one reminded me of a coffin. You know, as they slide it into the crematory 👻

So, yes, here's a little video. I shot this using my Redmi Note 4 and used the built in video editor to come up with the special effect.

It was quite difficult trying to find the best camera position while trying to slide the phone out. In case if you're wondering, yes, this was recorded on my house floor and yes, it is generally that noisy.Wait until you hear the noise from my neighbors doing their parenting.

To which it brings me to my next question: at which point is it all right for me to lodge a complaint to social services for them scolding their kid(s) incessantly?

Finally, I got it out 🎆Really, it took some creativity to get this right. Without a proper tripod or even a selfie stick, I resorted to using my legs (knees to be specific) to hold the camera in place. I know, you wish but no, you ain't getting in between ma' legs.

Lo and behold, my new phone. Disclaimer: This isn't my new phone per say, it's a company phone. Celcom ported us to a new plan which gave 40GB of data. But it's really 20GB for weekdays and 20gb for weekends.

It comes with the standard accessories of USB cable, power adapter and earphones.

I haven't quite gotten to the point of actually setting up the phone itself because I'm still trying to figure out how best to optimize my telco plans and phone. You see, it's very likely that my existing Redmi will be used as a WiFi only device since the bugger works best on that. The iPhone will continue to have my team email for easier access while the J3 would have my work email so that I don't get annoyed looking through them at night.

Question is, where do I setup my WhatsApp? My Maxis card is on the iPhone but the WhatsApp there is tied to Celcom. Yes, the Redmi WhatsApp is tied to my Maxis number. A long story but it was necessary. Guess my best bet now would be to reconfigure J3 to my Maxis WhatsApp to save myself the hassle as typing on the iPhone is a pain.

Comments

aMy said…
phone is like any other Android in the market these....
Unknown said…
The video making
Sikander Arshad said…
Thanks for sharing such a great piece of content. It really helps me and clears so many thoughts running in my mind. Besides, I'm from Pakistan and curious to know Samsung J3 Price in Pakistan.