Pocky Pocky Pocky

My latest chocolate biscuit craze. Pocky has been rather aggressive in the past few years. They came up new savory flavors (which I never quite understood) as well as setting up stalls to sell them. Either as individual pack or in a trio, it's kinda almost like hard selling. Why so aggressive?

I would like to think that this is their original flavor but I don't know for sure.  If you've not tried Pocky before, it's really a very small bread stick coated with cream of different flavors. The chocolate flavor was just so-so.

Double the chocolate, double the fun. Or so it goes in my head. However, again, it didn't impress me too much. Maybe I was expecting good chocolate (no thanks to all the Lindts and Ritter Sports).

 The salvation came in the strawberry flavor. Among the three, this was the best. It had a good balance of sweetness to go with the biscuit. As someone who don't particularly fancy strawberries in general, it was surprisingly good.

 It says to share happiness but these things are not meant to be shared. They are just very good to slowly enjoy by yourself especially when watching mindless TV shows. Each box is about 189 calories only too. Pretty damn good for a snack.

Comments