Cosans Coffee, Subang SS 15


30, Jalan SS 15/4,
Ss 15,
47500 Subang Jaya
Tel# +60 3-5612 9600
The first cafe to do it 24hours, Cosans were also among the pioneers when it came to the coffee cafe culture. They did well enough to open up few more branches though they all don't seem to share the same popularity as this one.

Located in the less crowded/popular part of SS15, most of the patrons are college students, some of them were probably there for few hours judging from the amount of books, gadgets and cups.

Long gone are the days when students would flock to McDonald's to study, thanks to free air-conditioning. I remember back in my high school days, studying in any fast food chain was never an option. Mainly because the nearest one was too far away. Even in college, it was usually in the library or room; the joys of staying on campus.

Anyone (else) thinks that all cafes should provide drinking water for free? 😶

Of course, it doesn't make sense if you go hog a table and order only the (free) water for few hours. That's kinda like them paying you to sit there and use their WiFi and electricity (eh, you think your father pay for that A/C?).

Cosans' coffee is one of the stronger but not so acidic ones that I've tried around. The thick frothy milk on top hides a strong coffee underneath. Quite like me?
Between this and Brewyard, it is hard to tell which is better. Mainly because both visits were so far apart. The other thing that I discovered is places that I tried and gave me a very good first impression tended to fail me (almost miserably) on the second time. Is that just me?

No coffee is complete without cake. Or wait, is it the other way round? But then again, who cares? We've got sweet cake and bitter coffee.There just isn't a better combo when it comes to dessert. Well, actually, there's ice kacang or iced Milo.

Their cakes are not that expensive as compared to the other cafes but they do go for above RM 10. Somehow, I find it a little ridiculous how they can charge so much for such a small slice if you take into consideration how much the raw ingredients cost. I know, I should have gone into professional baking full time instead of wondering what doesn't work.

While their coffee may not be great, their cake also not too great either. It wasn't awesome but is a decent slice.

Bits of fruits sandwiched in between layers of chocolate cake, it was not too sinful but definitely could use the coffee to offset the sweetness.

I want to believe in coffee the world.

Comments