LGK turned me 32: I like long walks by the beach


You know those cliches about dating profiles that usually involve this line? Do women really fall for it? Honestly, I am not big on 'long walks by the beach'. Hot and sweaty, salty and damp, why?

But, that wasn't the case during my birthday getaway. If anything, the walks were rather enjoyable ^_^  Yes, that is my ugly feet. Please sponsor me pedicures.

We headed off to the beach after breakfast but before dinner since it was nearby. To be honest, I was expecting the beach to be overcrowded or at least packed with people. Turned out to be rather ....deserted.

You know that joke about showing the picture to your son and daughter on why they should stay in school? This could qualify as that but it is such a picturesque scenery and it is not nice (since I am also probably a fine example of why your girls should have stayed in school and do better with their lives).

Click for a surreal escape
This part of the beach (Pantai Cenang) is almost devoid of people. Or maybe they were all just chilling in the shades.

Want a quick getaway? Click me!
It would be a lie to say that this is really how it looks like, no edit or filter.
If anything, the real scenery is tonnes better.

Unlike Krabi, Langkawi turned out to be less commercialized. This particular stretch of the beach at least.

There was an operator (or two) for water sports. Not adventurous (except when it comes to food), I applaud these folks.

Because you can't have too many high-res pictures of a nice beach
Although it was really sunny on the day we landed, the heat didn't quite annoy me. Perhaps it was the sea breeze that made it bearable. Enjoyable even.

Can't get to the island? It's ok, admire it from the comforts of your screen instead
We didn't do island hopping either, content with just exploring the beach alone. Also probably a lame coverline for him being lazy, me being broke. Quite a bad combo for holiday trips.

There were some rocks along the way and so slippery that the girl before us slipped. The other guy was more unfortunate as his phone was in his pocket =\

This is no joke. Never been stung by one before, I've heard of horror stories. Watched enough on the idiot box to know better. However, the jelly fish here is white, almost translucent so it is hard to avoid until a little too late. The ones on Bondi Beach were an unnatural shade of blue, almost alien-like.

There are few hotels dotted along the beach so it means having these at your convenience IF you are a hotel guest.

So pretty that you need to click to see its beauty in its full glory
It was such a beautiful day that I didn't even mind the sun, the salty air as long as the wind whipped my hair up.

Do you know what these are? I don't.

Looks like some push cart.

Is the beach empty...... or not? Click to find out
Truthfully, I was expecting the beach to be more packed with locals and tourists but it is even more barren than PJ during the lunar new year. And that is a good thing.

Am I now a convert of fan of long walks on the beach?
Maybe.

Comments