LGK turned me 32: The departure

Close to two years since my last proper holiday (unless you count Ipoh as a holiday, then it'll be one year), it seemed high time to plan for a real getaway. Koh Lipe was on the list but too many logistics to figure out that my brain just gave up. Somehow, a last minute (2months prior) idea came thru and thus, you are getting this series of posts.


Yes, Langkawi it was that would be my holiday for 2015.
Also meant as a birthday gift.

Our 7.45am flight meant getting into to the airport by 7am. There are few ways to get to the airport.We figured taking a bus from One Utama to KLIA2 at 6am would give us ample time in the event of any traffic.  The fee is RM 15 but it'll be cheaper if you buy it online. The main concern was: would there be any taxi driver around at 5.30am?
Thankfully, with Uber, we caught a ride within 10minutes. Yes, that's our luggage. For two.

On the way to the airport on the bus. I do miss it. A bit.

My virgin trip to KLIA2, last time I flew was in LCCT to Krabi. At a glance, that place looked like a more up class version of Pudu Raya bus station. Thus, it is puzzling to hear people complaining about moving to KLIA2 which is like the poorer cousin of KLIA but tonnes better than LCCT. At least there is more walking space and the whole place is rather covered.

Unlike LCCT, a number of the shops here are pretty nice and swanky.
Or at least that's what they looked like.

Barely one week after the festival of lights, Diwali was still in full swing. This year,  there was not much of any curry binge. No invitation :(

There is a Jaya Grocer which also sells ready-to-go meals. Most of them aren't cheap, around RM 16 but did look rather yummy.

It is nice that they have rather clear signboards with how long it takes for you to get there.
No more worry about being late though that seems to be the norm with Malaysians.

Hello, Mr Pilot. Will you fly me to the moon?

KLIA2 does feel a little like KL Sentral minus the crowd. Or maybe it was still early (about 8am) so the crowd hadn't poured in yet.

The check-in area.

There were more shops around but I didn't get to explore them much because my travel companion just wasn't in the mood for it. Don't that sucks?

Remember someone tweeted the picture of a plane that went missing last year with the caption "In case if it gets lost, this is how it looks like"? It was very tempting but as much as a death wish there is bottled up in me, I was not going to risk it. Oh, this isn't my ride anyway.

Way past the boarding time :")
But our names didn't get called.

I have to say that it felt quite luxurious, given that it was a local AirAsia flight. Given that it was my first ever domestic flight, there were few things which I didn't know about.

so, do I need to bring my passport?
-_-" no. it's like boarding a bus 
but we go through the airport?
yes but no passport since we are flying within the country. 

The flight itself was slightly over an hour. Unfortunately, we were seated around some rather chatty passengers so any plan of getting some shut eye evaporated into thin air (for me). tg pretty much slept through it. Maybe that's how he keeps up with my nonsense.

It was supposedly a hazy day according to the pilot which was ironic since we bought the tickets during the haze spell and were worried if it'll drag on. Just when the haze cleared in the Klang Valley, Langkawi was starting to feel the brunt of it.

Or so I thought. Thankfully, it turned out to be all sunny.

Comments