LGK turned me 32: The birthday that wasn't

The main objective for this trip (for me, at least) was to celebrate my birthday on my own. Or at least sans family since my sister was getting annoyed over having to do all the work. That hurt but can't say it is entirely unexpected. The day will come when she has a family of her own and I would be relegated to third class citizen. Though come to think of it, maybe I already am.

Anyway, what could possibly go wrong with a birthday on an island?
Plenty, really.

For starters, it appear that birthday cakes are hard to come by on this part of Langkawi. Sure, there are few bakeries dotted along the street but most of them are rather unattractive to commemorate the day I was forcefully pushed out of a vagina. Ok, I admit. I don't know for sure if it was a natural birth or a C-sec. Given how poor financially not-so-well-off we were are, my money is on the former.

Thus, we ended up in BreadStory. I would have preferred to go for those small homegrown bakeries (support local product, so to speak) but sadly, they failed to deliver. Not that I was asking for an intricate cake with beautiful fondant design. They looked the sort you get from night markets. It was that sad. For a birthday celebration, that is.

Lo and behold, my coffee fresh cream cake. Now, now. The cream comes from a bottle that's probably made with copious amount of milk or whipped cream and loads of sugar because it was delectable. I was expecting a rather boring, sickly buttery cake. What I got was a nice tinge of coffee with sweet cream.

So yea, not all was lost on that night ^_^ What's missing is a fire, being the none smokers that we are. Sorry, our passion was not enough to ignite a fire. Perhaps there isn't even any passion to begin with.

A very happy birthday to me =D

But happy wasn't a word I'd use to describe it.
Not at all.

Oh well, at least I got a birthday present.
And a lesson about celebrating birthdays.

Comments