Review: Saba Restaurant, Cyberjaya

 Although Cyberjaya has been around for a decade or so, it's only lately that there are more eatery options. Where do you guys usually go to eat? I prefer cheap places but there is no such thing as cheap in Cyberjaya as even a lunch at your friendly non-franchise mamak would cost at least RM 5. Not inclusive of drinks.

Typically, I'd bring food from home or takeaway from the canteen where it is usually RM 4 (no rice option). However, on that day, I was feeling rather stressed out and followed the boys to here for fresh air. Anywhere outside of the office is fresh, if you get what I mean.

My tea cup. I was thinking it's some special kind of Arab tea but it is actually just a bag of Lipton tea with few teaspoons of sugar and a spring of mint which didn't do much good for the tea. Felt rather cheated that I paid RM 3 for this small cup when my office pantry lets me have them all (except for the mint) for free.
Even if I were to buy it from the supermarket, RM 3 would buy me at least half a box.

 Unsure of what to order, the veteran suggested chicken kabsa.While this isn't my first encounter with Arab food, I was pleasantly surprised by the portion and taste. The long grain rice was cooked enough but not till it's soggy like how the Chinese do. The spices flavors were well infused into the rice. There is an entire chicken thigh hidden underneath all that carb and it wasn't a very small piece of chicken either. I'd say that it's like Kate Upton instead of the usual Giselle Bundchen.

 One thing that you must do before coming here to eat this is to either have a big appetite or just don't eat before that because you will regret for not being able to truly savor this dish and that you are wasting your RM 11. The chicken itself was also cooked until tender with light spices to spice things up (no pun intended). My complaint was that overall, the dish was a little dry but that's where the Arab version of tomato salsa comes to the rescue (pictured earlier with the over priced tea).

Today, I had the opportunity to try out the lamb version which costs RM 17. Lunch date offered to buy me lunch and I suggested this place. He was a little aghast when I wanted to order chicken again.

didn't you have that the last time? 
yea.
why don't you order something else then? 
the lamb looks tempting but it's expensive...
aiyo, it's ok. just order. 

If he wasn't a married man, he'd be halfway to my heart already :D Yes, it doesn't take much to impress me. Food is always my Achilles heel. Oh wait, did I just give out my weakness there?
It's the lamb, I tell you. As expected, it arrived at the table like a small mole hill on the white plate except with two protruding bones on each side instead of hidden away like its poultry counterpart. If anything, it stood majestic as though guarding the rice fort.

When I started to dig into the meat, it was so soft, so tender that it fell apart easily with a stab pull from my fork. No knife/effort required. Maybe except when you want to suck the juicy fat out of the joints which ups the taste one notch because the fat just melts in your mouth and adds another dimension with the lean meat. Although I prefer my body to have no fat, I like to eat meat with some fat as that's really where the sweetness lies in and lets face it, we like a bit of softness here and there ;)

One word that comes to mind with the lamb: orgasmic.

Although things aren't exactly cheap here (the chicken kabsa is the cheapest at RM 11), it is quite a treat for days when you are feeling gluttonous and in the mood for carbs. Like buck truck loads of it.

Comments