Review: Dominos, Damansara Jaya

 Eh, wait, don't Domino's do deliveries? Isn't their 30minutes delivery or RM5 off your next order their guarantee? So, what is there to review?
I was already out running errands and recalled there was a RM5 promotion for dine-in or take away only hence the reason for dropping by here.

 My heart plummeted when there was no RM 5 promotion to be found T_T My hunger driven Internet surfing has certainly planted false memory because it was Pizza Hut having this promotion. Although there was a Pizza Hut just around the corner, I decided to just order here instead since I was already in the shop. Have you ever stepped into a restaurant, only to want to leave for some reason e.g. lack/no service, rude waiters, menu doesn't tickle your fancy? I find it rude to do so but end up regretting it all the same.

 The atmosphere in the shop was rather relaxed. These two Malay chaps were in charge of making the pizzas. No foreign workers were in sight. Guess the Banglas are more suited for the mamaks. Tee hee.
Another lady was manning the other cooking station. Non-pizza food assortment. Also the cashier. Possibly branch manager. Overall, the place wasn't chaotic for a food joint that promises a 30minute delivery. Maybe it was a slow day. This was on a Saturday afternoon.
 My order. From an affordable RM 10++, it jumped to a whopping RM 26++ because of an additional chicken wings. Suddenly, it doesn't seem such a deal after all :(
 Lo and behold, my foreveralone lunch. Not pictured here: a can of Pepsi.

It had been awhile since my last Domino's and I was looking forward to the chicken the most. It was still as good with a nice fiery citrus punch. It would be nice if they grilled it slightly to have that crunchy instead of soft texture.

 Deep fried onion ring coated with cheese powder. Although the exterior was crunchy, the onion were just so-so. It was more like eating fried breadcrumb/flour than onion ring because the onion came out very thin and limp. I suppose that's what a flaccid penis would be like?

Ever since Domino's burst into the Malaysian market, I've not looked back at Pizza Hut because of their thin crust which meant a crunchy dough underneath without stuffing you silly with carbs. Unfortunately, the lunch deal didn't have the thin crust and I had to make do with the usual crust which was a little thick for my liking. Between me and this pizza, we could probably compete on which has less filling/feeling. It had much to be desired that its filling left me feeling a void.

Comments