Review: Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendul, The Main Place USJ

 tk had been raving about this place and the few times I passed by their Paradigm Mall branch, it was always packed to the brim.  If there are that many people who enjoy it, then it can't be that bad right?
That's the logic at least.

 After post lunch snacking, we dropped by here to get some sweet endings since he won't give me happy ones.

I wanted to leave the last one to take home for dinner that night but gave up on the idea as the aroma was just begging me to finish it off. It was a good decision as the ball wouldn't have tasted as good as time goes by. Like women. 

 This is what you get for RM 5.90. There's also another version with durian ice cream.
My father found it funny that I wouldn't eat the fruit but I don't mind having ice cream with that flavor. Back in primary school, while waiting for the school bus in the evenings, I'd buy a single scoop of durian ice cream on a cone for 20cent. This is like 2decades ago :D

Don't ask me why I don't like the fruit. It's just in my genes.
Really. My uncle doesn't either. We just don't feel awfully repulsed at the sight or smell of it but we just won't eat it.

 This is literally what you get. Bits red bean, lots of cendol, topped with gula melaka and coconut milk. The ice wasn't very finely shaved. Maybe tk overly hyped it or I just don't really like this version. One of the better cendol I've had is at Damansara Uptown hawker centre. And that's much cheaper but you'll probably smell like grilled meat after that.

Comments