Review: Royal Gourmet, Klang

One of the better hotels around Bukit Tinggi (though it's more accurate to say it is the only hotel that doesn't look dodgy in this neighborhood), Premier Hotel was developed by WCT who coincidentally (or not) developed this part of Klang. Not sure how high is the tenancy rate but my parents were there on few occasions and commented that their buffet is not bad.

Since the extended family was around and we were too lazy to cook, we dropped by their Chinese Restaurant for dinner.

I used to think that yee sang is overrated. They taste pretty much the same everywhere. Turned out that I was just having crappy versions of it most of the time. There are few better ones but those are by far and few. This one was just so-so.

Japanese egg tofu with minced pork. Ordered this specially for the kids but it turned out to be slightly spicy courtesy of the chopped birds eye chilli. I liked it more but the kids were not very pleased.
Growing up, my Indian neighbor was my caretaker since both my parents were working full time. Thus, I grew up with the smell of curry in my fingers and a love for curry with a tolerance for hot/spicy food. I didn't realize it until today how profound my preference for Indian food was...

where do you want to go eat?
PJ Old town. there's pork noodle. 
omph... ok ...(pauses for awhile)... lets go have Indian curry rice instead.
how come it seems that we are always going for that? 

I just happen to like the warm curry on hot white rice. It's like a guilty pleasure. Plus when you have been starving, a big mountain of rice flooded with hot spicy curry is heavenly. Don't ask me why I bother to exercise so much when I consume more than I burn off. It's all purely psychological.

Kailan stir fried with garlic. What to say about this except it was rather crunchy and there was a nice homely flavor to it even in the absence of gravy?

Kung pao chicken. I had never heard of this dish which is apparently very famous with the non-Chinese whenever they patronage Chinese eateries. Top on their list to order: sweet and sour pork. Ordinarily, I wouldn't really order this but sister wanted it. Turned out not too bad. Not very spicy even with the dried chillies.

Deep fried prawn salad. Anything deep fried is bound to be nice. I haven't quite encountered any that tastes bad after being deep fried. Not even banana, my former arch enemy. The crunchy fried strings outside was a winner with the kids, me included.

Comments