Review: Ming Heong, Taman Paramount (PJ)


One thing that people often noted from my food pictures is that I usually eat at high class or pricey places only. They think that I am above dining at open air restaurants or anywhere that doesn't charge service/govt tax. No such thing ok? This is proof that I do eat at non-air conditioned places. My only problem is getting people who wouldn't mind it either :(

Came here specifically for this: sweet and sour pork.
Supposedly one of the best (if not the best) in town, you get a bowl of rice with deep fried pork in sweet sauce. Unlike the typical version that is more sweet, this actually is slightly sour. The meat itself was also deep fried until crunchy. It's good that they didn't use a thick batter either. Unfortunately, at about RM 8.50, I was expecting more meat =\

My comfort food: Cantonese style yee mee. The gravy isn't as thick but still a good effort overall.
They were rather generous with the pork too.

Cheat version of lin chee kang. No white fungus present. Or perhaps this is the modern version of it, complete with basil seeds.

It wasn't overly sweet but certainly leaves a lot to be desired.

Comments